Tuesday roundup: Debate, Fresh Fork opens, IU Football starts new QB and Tiny home on HGTV

Morning rundown

Debate

The College Democrats and College Republicans at IU debated Monday night at the Indiana Memorial Union. Before they got down to the debate, they held a moment of silence for the victims of Sunday night’s shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada. Among the topics the two groups discussed were health care, the minimum wage and school vouchers. Read more here.

Fresh Fork opens

The Fresh Fork is a custom meal-ordering service. The Fresh Fork is located on South Walnut Street across from the Project School.
The Fresh Fork is a custom meal-ordering service. The Fresh Fork is located on South Walnut Street across from the Project School. Rose Bythrow

Fresh Fork, a Bloomington business, sells precooked and preprepared healthy meals that are cooked in house. These meals are made from fresh, locally bought ingredients and are made with a balanced combination of proteins, carbohydrates and vegetables without preservatives.

“People often think I started this business because I love to cook, but really I did it for the exact opposite reason,” owner Stacy Thompson said. “It is so hard to go to school or work and function all day when you put garbage in your body. I wanted to give people an option to have these healthy meals easily.” Read more here.

IU football starts new QB

IUFBramsey.JPG
Redshirt freshman quarterback Peyton Ramsey runs the ball during the 2017 IU spring game. Ramsey is the new starting quarterback for IU, replacing senior Richard Lagow.  Bobby Goddin

After inconsistent play through the first four games of the season by senior Richard Lagow, IU Coach Tom Allen has decided to make a change at the quarterback position. In Lagow’s place will be Peyton Ramsey, a redshirt freshman who has impressed in limited action so far. Read more here.

Tiny home to be on HGTV

The main interior space of the tiny house holds a tiny stove, tiny sink and regular-sized bathroom. The project was commissioned to be placed on a southern Indiana farm and can be both mobile and permanently set.
The main interior space of the tiny house holds a tiny stove, tiny sink and regular-sized bathroom. The project was commissioned to be placed on a southern Indiana farm and can be both mobile and permanently set. Sam Oates

The workshop of Bloomington company Carpenter Owl, located at 611 W. 11th St., looks like any other. The only unusual aspect of this workshop is the project being built, a tiny home. Carpenter Owl, a company owned by IU alumnus Daniel Weddle, will have one of its tiny homes featured on HGTV’s “Tiny House, Big Living” in November. Read more here.