Q&A with the 2017 homecoming court

Alyssa Unger.JPG
Angela Perez.JPG
Angela Perez Junior studying Supply Chain Management  “I had a friend that also did it and said that it was one of the most memorable experience During her IU career I thought why not give it a chance.” Parade Being a part of my business fraternity Being a Cox Engagement Scholar Matt Rasnic

Angela Perez

Year and major: Junior studying supply chain management 

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I had a friend that also did it and said that it was one of the most memorable experiences during her IU career. I thought why not give it a chance.”

What is your favorite homecoming activity? Parade

What is your favorite IU memory? Being a part of my business fraternity

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Being a Cox Engagement Scholar

Mica Caine.JPG
Mica Caine Senior studying information systems “I thought about what it meant to be homecoming queen and what I could represent I feel like there are not a lot of girls like me on campus, and I could leave a legacy so why not apply.” Parade Winning an IU National Diversity Case Competition  Being able to recruit students in the Fry Scholars program Matt Rasnic

Mica Caine

Year and major: Senior studying information systems

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I thought about what it meant to be homecoming queen and what I could represent. I feel like there are not a lot of girls like me on campus, and I could leave a legacy. So why not apply?”

What is your favorite IU memory? Winning an IU National Diversity Case Competition

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Being able to recruit students in the Fry Scholars program

Tierra Brown.JPG
Tierra Brown Senior studying Journalism “I do a lot and everything I do is to better IU so i felt why not apply for homecoming court and show that everything that i’ve done is really for IU.” Parade My first college basketball game Being able to start Black Girl affairs mentoring organization Matt Rasnic

Tierra Brown

Year and major: Senior studying journalism

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I do a lot, and everything I do is to better IU. So I felt why not apply for homecoming court and show that everything that I’ve done is really for IU?"

What is your favorite IU memory? My first college basketball game

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Being able to start Black Girl Affairs mentoring organization

Grant Prather.JPG
Grant Prather Senior studying Corporate innovation and entrepreneurship “I personally felt that I had done more especially in terms of leadership, I was involved on campus as a leader and that built me a foundation”  Tailgate The day I was admitted to Kelley Campaigning for IUSA and becoming the VP of Congress Matt Rasnic

Grant Prather

Year and major: Senior studying corporate innovation and entrepreneurship

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I personally felt that I had done more, especially in terms of leadership. I was involved on campus as a leader and that built me a foundation.” 

What is your favorite homecoming activity? Tailgate

What is your favorite IU memory? The day I was admitted to Kelley

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Campaigning for IUSA and becoming the VP of Congress

Lucy Brown.JPG
Lucy Brown Senior studying International Studies, Biology and Spanish “I wanted to represent an IU student as someone who has taken advantage of every opportunity possible.” Parade Studying in the Dominican Republic  Working in a research lab Matt Rasnic

Lucy Brown

Year and major: Senior studying international studies, biology and spanish

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I wanted to represent an IU student as someone who has taken advantage of every opportunity possible.”

What is your favorite IU memory? Studying in the Dominican Republic 

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Working in a research lab

John Fannin.JPG
John Fannin Senior studying Sports Marketing and Management  “It was my last thing to do at IU, IU has given back to me so much and this is one thing I wanted to say I did.” Parade and the game Everything Homecoming Court Matt Rasnic

John Fannin

Year and major: Senior studying sports marketing and management 

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “It was my last thing to do at IU. IU has given back to me so much, and this is one thing I wanted to say I did.”

What is your favorite homecoming activity? Parade and the game

What is your favorite IU memory? Everything

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Homecoming Court

Daniel Niersbach.JPG
Daniel Niersbach Senior studying Economic consulting and public policy analysis and business analytics “I really like the traditions and spirits of certain events throughout the year and I thought this would be exciting to be involved in.” Parade Freshman year when my fraternity won the Little 500 Joining IUSA Matt Rasnic

Daniel Niersbach

Year and major: Senior studying economic consulting and public policy analysis and business analytics

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I really like the traditions and spirits of certain events throughout the year, and I thought this would be exciting to be involved in.”

What is your favorite IU memory? Freshman year when my fraternity won the Little 500

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Joining IUSA

Mallory Cammack.JPG
Mallory Cammack Senior studying Finance “I applied for homecoming court because I feel like it gives me an opportunity to give back to IU and specifically the alumni here.” The game All the Little 500 traditions The mentorship I have received through my involvement Matt Rasnic

Mallory Cammack

Year and major: Senior studying finance

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I applied for homecoming court because I feel like it gives me an opportunity to give back to IU and specifically the alumni here.”

What is your favorite homecoming activity? The game

What is your favorite IU memory? All the Little 500 traditions

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? The mentorship I have received through my involvement

Alyssa Unger.JPG
Alyssa Unger Matt Rasnic

Alyssa Unger

Year and major: Senior studying secondary English education

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I felt like homecoming court is a really cool opportunity to be the liaison between the students, faculty, alumni, the donors, everyone.

What is your favorite homecoming activity? The tailgate

What is your favorite IU memory? Meeting Mamadou in the McNutt C-store my freshman year and still seeing him around now.

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Being an R.A.

Luke Hochgesang.JPG
Luke Hochgesang Matt Rasnic

Luke Hochgesang

Year and major: Senior studying finance and business analytics

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I applied for homecoming court because I have been a life-long Hoosier.”

What is your favorite IU memory? Recognition of everyone in the Kelley community including janitorial staff

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Building a mentoring program called Kelley Families

Duncan heidkamp.JPG
Duncan Heidkamp Matt Rasnic

Duncan Heidkamp

Year and major: Senior studying finance

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I think that homecoming court is a great way to display your love for the school.”

What is your favorite IU memory? Singing the Alma Mater after Marching Hundred practice.

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Being a tour guide

Dedric Dennist.JPG
Dedric Dennist Matt Rasnic

Dedric Dennist

Year and major: Senior studying informatics

Why did you apply to be on homecoming court? “I applied to homecoming court because I had a friend who did it last year and they recommended I look into it. I told myself I am IU and did it.”

What is your favorite homecoming activity? The parade

What is your favorite IU memory? Working with O-team, RPS and A-team

What has been your most rewarding moment at IU? Making an impact on many different people