Monday rundown: Women's Soccer, Lotus festival, new student IDs and La Casa study

morning rundown site.jpg

Women's soccer

Sophomore midfielder Chandra Davidson chases down the ball against Illinois on Oct. 1 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Davidson recorded six goals and two assists for IU women's soccer this season.
Sophomore midfielder Chandra Davidson chases down the ball against Illinois on Oct. 1 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Davidson recorded six goals and two assists for IU women's soccer this season. Bobby Goddin

In what was a critical weekend for IU women's soccer’s Big Ten Tournament hopes, the Hoosiers lost twice, to Northwestern and Illinois, putting their postseason chances in doubt. Read more here.

Lotus draws big crowds

The Raya Brass Band helps lead the Festival Parade during the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival Saturday night from 7th Street and Washington Street to Buskirk Chumley Theater. Festival attendees were free to join the Brooklyn-based, Balkan brass band with an assortment of colored flags as they marched the streets of Bloomington.
The Raya Brass Band helps lead the Festival Parade during the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival Saturday night from 7th Street and Washington Street to Buskirk Chumley Theater. Festival attendees were free to join the Brooklyn-based, Balkan brass band with an assortment of colored flags as they marched the streets of Bloomington. Andrew Williams

People of all ages crowded the streets of downtown Bloomington on Saturday, exploring the variety of world cultures displayed by the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival. Saturday was the festival's final night, and its festivities included many concerts and a parade. Read more here.

New student IDs

WEBcacrimsoncard.png
Courtesy Photo

All IU campuses are now switching to CrimsonCards, which are said to make campus meal points and other money operations among campuses easier. Students have until summer 2018, when CampusAccess cards stop working, to switch to CrimsonCards. Read more here.

La Casa director responds to recent study

While a recent study revealed that many students have never visited La Casa Latino Cultural Center before, La Casa Director Lillian Casillas said the center offers a buffet of opportunities for students. La Casa hosts events such as open houses and new student dinners every year, as well as year-round tutoring and counseling.

In addition, Casillas said La Casa maintains close relationships with students, staff and faculty outside the Latino community, such as Counseling and Psychological Services, so that the organization can direct students to other places, too. Read more here.