Danny Glover cancels his visit to IU

On Aug. 28, IU announced in a press release that actor and director Danny Glover canceled his visit to IU, which was scheduled for Sept. 17. The press release said Glover is unable to come to Bloomington due to unexpected circumstances related to his filming schedule. 

According to a separate press release, Glover's career has lasted more than 35 years. He has been in films such as "The Color Purple" and "Lethal Weapon." The majority of one of Glover's most recent films, "The Good Catholic," was filmed in Bloomington.

The Aug. 28 release said Glover originally intended to make appearances at two IU Cinema events as well as the premiere of "The Good Catholic" at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. 

That press release also said Glover said he was saddened to miss another opportunity to interact with his fans in Bloomington and to connect with the great work of the Black Film Center/Archive, IU Cinema and the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Glover also said he hopes to eventually have the chance to visit Bloomington on a future date. 

All of the scheduled events will continue, with the exception of Glover's onstage conversation that was scheduled for 1 p.m. Sept. 17 at the IU Cinema, which has been canceled.