IU women's golf announces 2017-2018 schedule

Sophomore Erin Harper putts during the first round of the IU Invitational at IU Golf Course on April 8, 2017. The 2017-18 IU Women's Golf schedule was released on Tuesday.

IU released its 2017-18 schedule Tuesday.

The schedule includes both the fall and spring and features nine tournaments. The Hoosiers will play four of the tournaments in the fall and five in the spring. IU will open up its season Sept. 17 at the Ptarmigan Ram Classic in Fort Collins, Colo. put on by Colorado State.

“I am really excited about the schedule we’ve put together for the 2017-18 season, which gives us a variety of challenges in different environments throughout the fall and the spring,” Indiana head coach Clint Wallman said in an IU Athletics press release.

“We are turning a great core group with a lot of experience from last season along with promising newcomers. We are looking forward to getting out on the course again and competing in the Big Ten as well as a postseason appearance.”

Also in September, IU will play in the Coeur d’Alene Resort Collegiate Invitational in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, which is hosted by Gonzaga.

In October, IU will be co-host to the Bettie Lou Evans Invitational with Kentucky in Lexington. For IU’s last tournament of the fall, the Hoosiers will participate in the Ladies Fall Intercollegiate Invitational hosted by Louisville in Johns Creek, Georgia.

The spring season kicks off February 25 when IU heads to Peoria, Arizona, for the Westbrook Spring Invitational hosted by Wisconsin. The Hoosiers will play three tournaments in March, playing in the Fresno State Classic, the Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational and the Clemson Invitational.

IU’s final regular season tournament is the Lady Buckeye Invitational in Columbus, Ohio, before the Big Ten Championships April 20-22 in Maineville, Ohio at TPC River’s Bend.