Local exhibits open Friday for First Fridays Gallery Walk

entgallery

Various new exhibits throughout Bloomington will be open to the public Friday for the First Fridays Gallery Walk.

All the exhibits will open at 5 p.m., and the event goes until 8pm and will feature a variety of artists and types of works.

One of the exhibits is “SIDE-JABS” by Mr. Lee, which is on display at gallery406.

“SIDE-JABS is a personal love story about my inner struggles and self-doubt,” Mr. Lee said in a Gallery Walk press release. “These paintings will display the duality of my consciousness and the knowledge of my selfishness to obtain what I desire. With today’s world and the access to obtain everything we want with a click of a mouse, is taking those sacrifices even worth it? Where will this lead?”

Another exhibit is “Cut it Short” at the Pictura Gallery. It is a photographic series by Michal Solarski and Tomasz Liboska and looks at two young boys growing up in a town on the southern edge of Poland. Another exhibit at the Pictura Gallery is “I69: Section 4. The Architecture of Highway,” which is a series of photographs by Michael Finger that document the completed section of I69 and the rural landscape.

At the Vault, the exhibit “Work From Home” by Brooke Pellerite will be on display. The Monroe Convention Center Art Gallery will have on display an exhibit titled “ART-ABLE,” which is an exhibit of mixed media works by Stone Belt Artists.

“MARK’D” by Chelsea Sanders will be on display at Royal Hair Salon, and it will have Sanders’ new work “that deals with bodies and how each of us have a MARK or MARKS that make us imperfect and beautifully human,” the Gallery Walk website said. “Abstract paintings will connect to the anatomy of people Chelsea has connected with throughout the creation of MARK’D.”

Works of Claudia Brooks will be on display at Soma Coffeehouse on Kirkwood. Brooks is an IU graduate and paints works that deal with mental illness and the mind.