Tri Delta charter revoked

Campus Filler

The IU Delta Omicron chapter of Delta Delta Delta was revoked Saturday after the groups’s national organization said the IU members’ “activities” clashed with Tri Delta’s “high standards” and “purpose.”

President Kimberlee Di Fede Sullivan wrote in a statement Saturday that the decision was based on an investigation into IU members’ “activities” that “violated the chapter’s previous probation terms, though the statement did not specify the activities or the probation terms.

“We are deeply disappointed in the choices made by members of our chapter at Indiana,” Sullivan wrote in the statement. “The decision to withdraw Delta Omicron’s charter was made by the Executive Board, in concert with chapter volunteers, and with heavy hearts for all involved. We will work closely with our collegiate members, loyal alumnae and Indiana University through this challenging situation.”

The statement did not go into detail about what will happen with current members or those who currently live in the Tri Delta house, located at 818 E. Third St., on the south side of campus.

According to a private document sent out to individual members and posted on Facebook on Saturday, Tri Delta was already under “disciplinary review” for unspecified activities.

According to the letter, members found in violation of Tri Delta’s obligation of membership will be sanctioned and may be terminated as members. Members still in good standing will not be allowed to represent Tri Delta in any capacity at IU, but they can still be alumnae when they graduate.

The Indiana Daily Student will continue to update this story.

A previous version of this story incorrectly stated Delta Delta Delta at IU would be forced to vacate the house soon and referred to the private document as a press release. The IDS regrets this error.

Larmie Sanyon