weekend

Weekend's picks for "Dancing with the Stars"

While this season’s “Dancing with the Stars” cast is already set and ready to groove for this Monday’s premiere, here are a few faces of 2016 we would’ve liked to see compete for the mirror ball trophy.

Boomer Phelps

Though we’re happy to see Laurie Hernandez take her gymnastics artistry to the dance floor, we have another “Olympian” in mind — not Michael Phelps, but his absurdly cute son Boomer. Sure, he may struggle with the choreography more than the other contestants, but what he lacks in object permanence he’ll make up for in adorableness.

Hot Sauce

The star of Beyoncé’s visual album busted windshields, fire hydrants and security cameras, and looked fierce the whole time. When it comes to tearing up the dance floor, we know just the tool for the job.

Leslie Jones

Despite a turn in “Ghostbusters” and a fan-favorite appearance at the Rio Olympics, Leslie Jones has spent much of this year dealing with social media abuse and death threats. The girl needs a break, and we’d love to see her show the haters a little black girl magic on the dance floor.

Ryan Reynolds

The blockbuster smash that was “Deadpool” proved that Ryan Reynolds has enough charisma to make 10 franchises successful. Plus, DWTS needs contestants with great personalities this season to compensate for Rick Perry.

Black Philip

This goat was Satan in disguise in the breakout horror film “The Witch.” He’s got a devilish charm that would work well with any dancer, and may even sway his partner to the dark side. Having Black Philip on DWTS would finally answer the question, “Wouldst thou like to dance deliciously?”

Angelica Schuyler

Rewind: Eliza may have stolen Alexander Hamilton’s heart, but in a dance competition, it would be satisfying to see the (oldest, wittiest) Schuyler sister take first place. You want a revolution? We want Renée Elise Goldsberry to hop stages for about a season. Work!