COLUMN: ​The Holcomb Crouch ticket is the way forward for Indiana

Lt. Gov. Eric Holcomb and State Auditor Suzanne Crouch make up the Republican ticket for Indiana governor, and they’re squaring off against former speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives John Gregg and state Rep. Christina Hale, D-Indianapolis.

In this race, I wholeheartedly endorse the Holcomb and Crouch ticket for a myriad of reasons.

First, I believe that Holcomb’s career experience makes him an excellent candidate for the job.

Aside from his six-year stint in the U.S. Navy, Holcomb has worked in Indiana his entire life, and he has helped create positive change for all Hoosiers. He served in many positions in Gov. Mitch Daniels’ administration from 2003 until 2011, including deputy chief of staff. He also served as Sen. Dan Coats’ chief of staff and as state chairman of the Indiana Republican Party.

Mitch Daniels’ tenure as Indiana Governor is the most successful in recent memory. In Holcomb, a link to the successful policies of Daniels administration is formed. Holcomb is a man who knows how to get results while sticking to his conservative principles and roots.

Next, Holcomb is known as a coalition builder, and he has a proven track record of working across the aisle to get the job done. Holcomb has connections with Hoosiers from all corners of the state, and he has a wonderful understanding of the challenges and problems facing Hoosiers today.

Crouch is a welcome addition to the ticket. Crouch brings a deep understanding of the Indiana economy and constituency.

As state auditor, she serves as the state’s chief financial officer, and she oversees state funds and revenue. Indiana’s AAA credit rating can be partially attributed to Crouch’s conservative management of funds. This gives businesses faith to come to Indiana, creating jobs and opportunities for Hoosiers.

Before serving as state auditor, Crouch served as a state representative for District 78 from 2005 until 2014. During her tenure in the General Assembly, she was the vice chairman of the Ways and Means Committee. She helped author a balanced budget along with the largest state tax cut in Indiana history. Simply put, Crouch has an impressive resume of conservative and effective policies that have made Indiana a better place.

Together, I believe this ticket makes an excellent team. Together, they possess nuanced insight into Indiana: the people, the economy, and the recipe for success in our state. This is a team that understands the problems facing Hoosiers and understand that the policies implemented have a real impact on the people they represent. Moving forward, this team is best equipped to lead Indiana forward.

I believe that the Holcomb-Crouch ticket will be driving force for good for Hoosiers. They can count on my support come November.