weekend

Short and sweet summer movie recaps

Suicide Squad

DC’s best attempt at a Marvel movie fell flat, but Will Smith and Margot Robbie proved that it’s good to be bad with a few fun, fearless performances.

Eleven scoops of Joker’s Black Licorice, Harley Quinn’s Bubblegum, Deadshot’s Chocolate Chip (with chocolate bullets), Boomerang’s Vegemite, The Enchantress’ Green Tea (infused with magic), Rick Flag’s All-American Apple Pie, Slipknot’s Chocolate (with candy rope), Amanda Waller’s Red Hot Cinnamon, Killer Croc’s Butter Pecan (with caramel shell), El Diablo’s Mango (with chili powder) and Katana’s White Cherry (topped with cherry)

Captain America: Civil War

Captain America and Iron Man square off in the best ensemble action movie of the summer.

Blue raspberry (frozen since 1945) and extra-rich red velvet swirl

Ghostbusters

It was girls versus ghosts (not to mention internet haters) in the most buzzed-about summer movie, which exceeded expectations and launched 1,000 crushes on Kate McKinnon.

Marshmallow with topping of slime

Finding Dory

No one rips our hearts out quite like Pixar, and they outdid themselves in the tears department with the much-anticipated, arguably better sequel to Finding Nemo.

Blue Moon with yellow and tear-shaped sprinkles

Central Intelligence

Comedy’s tiniest funny man teams up with its biggest, as Kevin Hart and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson riff on popular action films in one of summer’s most successful comedies.

Two cones of Rocky Road, one large and one small

The Secret Life of Pets

If you’ve ever wondered what your pets do when you’re not home, see this movie and laugh your heart out.

Cotton candy with a dog treat garnish

Have an idea for another summer movie? Tweet us @ids_weekend.