Mike Pence and Donald Trump disagree on a variety of issues

Governor Mike Pence and Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump address the crowd after Pence introuces Trump to the stage during a Trump rally in Westfield, Ind. on Tuesday evening.

As of July 15, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will be running on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s presidential ticket. Pence and Trump have not always agreed with each other on national issues, and Pence even backed Ted Cruz before the Indiana Republican presidential primaries.

After the shooting in San Bernadino, California, in December 2015 Trump called for a ban of all Muslims from entering the United States. After June’s shooting at a night club in Orlando, Trump strengthened his stance on the issue.

In December 2015, however, Pence tweeted he disagreed with Trump’s position and he reiterated that stance last week.

The two also disagree about free trade, specifically concerning the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Trump has consistently spoken out against the partnership, even calling the TPP the “greatest danger yet” at a campaign stop last month in Philadelphia.

In 2014, Pence tweeted his belief in the importance of free trade in this country, specifically his support for the TPP. Pence has also been a longtime supporter of the North American Free Trade Agreement and ran an Indiana think tank in 1991 centered around supporting free trade.

Lastly, the potential White House pair disagree when it comes to a woman’s right to choose. In the past, Trump has been pro-choice, but has said his stance on the issue has evolved since then. He has compared his stance on the matter to Ronald Reagan’s and that he is pro-life but with exceptions.

Pence, and a large portion of the Republican part base, disagree, with Trump. In March, Pence released a statement distancing himself from Trump.

“Governor Pence does not agree with the statement made by Donald Trump,” Pence’s office said in the statement. “The Governor believes that it’s important to focus on policies, as we advance the sanctity of life on those that are performing the abortions.”