IU club accepting sponsors for Bloomington Music Summit

The Music Industry Networking Club at IU is accepting sponsorship donations for its annual Bloomington Music Summit from 3 to 8 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Frangipani room of the Indiana Memorial Union, according to a press release.

The summit gathers together local musicians, venue and club owners, and music fans, according to the release. It is a collaborative effort by the Music Industry Networking Club and IU Union Board’s Live From Bloomington Committee. According to the event’s mission statement, it brings “relevant industry contacts to the young future music executives of Indiana University.”

The target audience for the event comprises IU students interested in music industry careers in performance, management, artists and repertoire and production. The goals for the summit include sparking interest in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs’ arts administration program, connecting local artists with Bloomington music industry contacts, showcasing local talent, and promoting networking between students and professionals, according to the release.

MINC Vice President Melissa Sommer said she has been actively involved in the planning of this and last year’s summits. The club has been working to put together the event since the beginning of the semester, she said, and the large amount of work is accomplished by several different committees.

The first part of the event is made up of three panels. Dinner and networking is scheduled between the last two panels, and keynote speaker Katherine Coplen, Nuvo News’ music editor, will end this first phase.

The second part will have both a local music showcase and a networking conference. The showcase is new this year and will feature several different live 
performances by bands, Sommer said.

There are three levels of sponsorship, according to the release. Participating sponsors, who donate $50, will get their company logo incorporated in the official event poster and two free admission badges. Major sponsors, who donate $100, will also have their company logo on the event posters along with five free admission badges and company advertisement in the conference program.

Finally, presenting sponsors, who donate $500, will receive their logo on the poster, five admission badges, company advertisement in the program, the opportunity to set up a table or booth at the conference and exclusive sponsorship of a panel 
discussion.

Sommer said about 100 people attended last year, and MINC is looking forward to a good turnout again this year.

“We’re all really excited,” Sommer said. “I think it’s going to be an awesome event.”