Comedian Todd Glass to perform this weekend at the Comedy Attic

Todd Glass

Stand-up comedian trailblazer Todd Glass will be making his annual return to Bloomington this weekend.

Glass will be performing five shows at the Comedy Attic from Thursday to Saturday.

His first performance on Thursday will start at 8 p.m., and he will have two separate shows at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday.

Comedy Attic owner Jared Thompson said he was a fan of Glass before the existence of the comedy club.

He said Glass is someone that has his own unique voice that helps set himself apart from most other current ?comedians.

“Todd Glass personifies everything that Comedy Attic likes to seek out and represent in our shows,” Thompson said. “He displays something on stage that people can’t see anywhere else that can also be done in a stand-up comedy routine.”

Glass has performed at the comedy club several times over the course of the last ?few years.

Thompson said the club has brought him in to perform at least once a year.

“We at the Comedy Attic feel very strongly that Glass has one of the most important voices in comedy,” Thompson said. “He is seen as one of the most gifted comedians around, being a trailblazer to most other famous comedians. The most magical performances that have taken place here at the Attic have all come from Glass himself.”

According to the club’s official website, after one his performances at the club he signed a poster to the club writing “The Most Fun I’ve Had in 25 Years.”

He has been performing stand-up comedy for nearly 30 years. Glass grew up in Philadelphia, Pa.

Glass is best known for being a contestant on both the second and third seasons of NBC’s “Last Comic Standing.”

He has also appeared on multiple TV programs including “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” “Louie,” “Tosh.0,” “Mr. Show with Bob and David” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” He even had his own “Comedy Central Presents” special in 2001.

Glass has his own shows including a Netflix special titled “Todd Glass Stand-Up Special,” which was released in 2012, and his podcast “The Todd Glass Show.”

Glass released his first stand-up album, “Vintage Todd Glass and Other Crap,” in 2001. His most recent album, “Todd Glass Talks About Stuff” was released in 2013.

For the performance, Glass will also be promoting his new Netflix series to the ?comedy club.

Thompson said he doesn’t know what else to expect for the event, other than it being amazing and enjoyable for ?everyone.

“If you were to pull one percent of the comedians in the world and ask who the best comedian is, they would tell you it is Todd Glass,” Thompson said. “When you ask about who is the elite in arts, a lot of times it’s someone who isn’t necessarily the most famous, and that is ?Todd Glass.”

General admission for the event ranges from $8 to $12 Thursday, and $10 to $14 Friday and Saturday. Students can receive a discount on ?admission.

“Todd is someone that does everything his own way but hasn’t necessarily broke through,” Thompson said. “He is truly, in my opinion, one of the four best comedians ?on Earth.”