Make peanut butter banana chia pudding

This recipe is best made overnight to let the chia seeds fully soften. Similar in texture to a tapioca pudding, this is a healthy alternative for dessert.

Chia pudding has existed for a while. It was initially popularized on social media because it does not take much effort to make and is a healthy alternative for dessert. However, this week the recipe will be modernized.

The key to this recipe comes in two parts. First, the pudding needs to sit for a minimum of five hours. Chia seeds absorb liquid to create the pudding texture this technique is well-known for creating. If they are not left to soften for the minimum time, the pudding will ?be crunchy.

Second, because the main ingredient of this recipe is a seed with its own flavor, the liquid the chia seeds absorb has to have a strong flavor. To ensure the chia flavor does not carry over into the pudding, the liquid itself has to be strong in flavor to overpower the seed taste. This recipe uses peanut butter and banana as a natural sweetener. Dark chocolate also works well.

Ingredients

• ¾ cup milk
  • ¼ cup chia seeds
  • 1 banana
  • 1 heaping tbs peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey, adjust to taste
  • 1-2 tbs cocoa powder, optional for dusting

Step 1: Blend the banana, peanut butter, honey and milk until you achieve a smooth liquid.

Step 2: In a large bowl, slowly mix the liquid into the chia seeds. Stir well to prevent the seeds from lumping together. Let the mix sit for five minutes. Stir again. Repeat this step three times. Then, cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and let the pudding mix sit in the refrigerator overnight.

Step 3: This step is optional. Serve the pudding in individual cups and dust the tops with a thin layer of cocoa powder. This will protect the top of the pudding from drying out, and provide a chocolate flavor.