IU Board of Trustees to meet at IUPUI

IU-Bloomington might receive two new degrees and two new athletic ?facilities.

A new Bachelor of Arts in Media and a new Bachelor of Science in Game Design are on the agenda for the IU Board of Trustee’s first meeting of the semester, as are a new golf teaching facility and a new rowing team storage facility.

The IU Board of Trustees, IU’s governing board, legal owner and final authority, according to its website, meets today and Friday at IU-Purdue University Indianapolis.

The Academic Affairs and University Policies Committee, chaired by Patrick Shoulders, and the Facilities and Auxiliaries Committee, chaired by Philip Eskew, convenes Thursday, while the Finance, Audit and Strategic Planning Committee, chaired by Andrew Mohr, and the University Relations Committee, chaired by James Morris, convenes Friday.

On Thursday, John S. Applegate, IU executive vice president for academic affairs, and Todd Schmitz, IU executive director of institutional reporting and research, will update the trustees on spring enrollment, and Applegate and Barbara Bichelmeyer, senior director of the IU office of online education, will update the trustees on ?online education during the Academic Affairs and University Policies Committee.

The trustees will then vote on five new degrees: a Bachelor of Arts in Media and a Bachelor of Science in Game Design at IU-Bloomington, a Bachelor of Arts in Law in Liberal Arts and a Master of Science in Informatics at IUPUI and a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences at IU-South Bend.

During the Facilities and Auxiliaries Committee meeting, the trustees will also vote on two new facilities: a golf teaching facility and a rowing team storage facility, both at ?IU-Bloomington.

The new golf teaching facility would comprise a covered outdoor hitting area, a women’s indoor teaching bay, a men’s indoor teaching bay, a mechanical room, a restroom and a multi-purpose room. The new rowing team storage would comprise three varsity bays, a repair bay, a club sport bay, storage for equipment and fuel and an office.

On Friday, the trustees will vote on the 2015-2016 residence hall rates during the Finance, Audit and Strategic Planning Committee meeting.

The trustees will vote on a resolution for the issuance of tax exempt debt, including the issuance of tax exempt bonds, to fund two projects: housing at IUPUI and renovations to Read Residence Hall at IU-Bloomington.

For the full agenda, visit trustees.iu.edu.