You deserve to treat yo' self

There are plenty of people out there who ascribe to the whole “everything ?happens for a reason” line of thinking.

There is something ?comforting in the idea that there is something, or ?possibly someone, steering us through life and that there is a clear plan and ?predetermined outcomes.

Fate and reason?reassure us and affirm to us that everything will, in fact, be ?alright in the end. We, as humans, need ?assurance and comfort.

But then, a New ?Hampshire woman, Janelle Jones, ordered a chicken sandwich at her local ?Burger King drive-thru, and instead of receiving the ?expected sandwich, she got a bag full of cash.

Jones was on her way home when she opened the bag. Inside was $2,631 in cash. It was originally ?intended as a Burger King bank ?deposit, not as a lovely gift for the casual Burger King drive-thru ?customer.

Jones called her ?husband, Matthew, to share with him the story of the miraculous money. And when she got home there was some debate about they should do with this money that fell into their laps.

Let’s face it, no one is ?perfect.

And if a greasy bag of cash was just handed to you at the drive-thru, you’d probably at the very least consider keeping it and start fantasizing about all the cool new things you could treat yo’ self to with your ?new-found wealth.

In the end, the couple ?made the decision to return the bag of cash to the Burger King because they are decent human beings and it was the right thing to do.

And now, let us return to the question of, “everything happens for a reason.”

I’m fairly certain that the employee who gave the bag of cash to Jones is going to have to work extra hard to convince the world this ?mistake happened for a ?reason.

I actually find it a ?little difficult to wrap my head around this situation ?because it’s possibly the most ridiculous fast food mistake I have ever heard about.

It’s almost as if the poor, unlucky soul was trying to goof up because that is the most logical explanation I can come up with for this ?situation.

Nothing else makes any logical sense.

Fast food and wads of cash seem to be two very ?different items, but then again, maybe not.

Regardless, the Joneses had their faith and their ?integrity tested that day. So I suppose that is ?reason enough.

They could have kept the money. Instead, they searched their own personal beliefs and faith and they made the choice to give back what was not theirs.

Everyone is going to have tests thrown at them by the universe, and it’s wise to be on the lookout for them. You can learn so much about yourself by the ?decisions you make and the manner in which you make them.

You might as well treat yo’ self from time to time, because you never know what will happen. The universe has its reasons.