Interfraternity Council Executive Board discusses goals

The 2014-15 Interfraternity Council Executive Board was elected Nov. 17  by the President’s Council.

The current IFC Executive Board interviewed all candidates who applied, 2013-14 Vice President of Communications Greg Ruffini said. Of the 16 candidates, eight were slated by the IFC.

Four candidates chose to run off the floor,  meaning they were not slated by the IFC.  Below are the new executive board members who were voted in by the President’s Council.

Sam Snemis

Junior

Delta Tau Delta

President

“I am honored to serve the community as IFC president and work with the new executive team, as well as all chapter presidents, to create positive change. IFC hopes to be a resource to the rest of our chapters and to be trendsetters in discussing the challenges we face as IU students. We hope to promote a system of growth by rewarding our high-achieving chapters, as well as work with the rest of IU community to create a better Hoosier experience.”

Cameron Dark

Sophomore

Sigma Phi Epsilon

Vice president for community programs

“I want to highlight the positive impact our greek students make on those around them and introduce a variety of philanthropic initiatives to bring the greek community as a whole closer together.”

Joey Shin

Sophomore

Lambda Chi Alpha

Vice president of recruitment

“I am looking to optimize the recruitment process for both potential new members and chapters. As a member of the IFC Executive Board, I hope to increase awareness and knowledge about sexual assault/bystander intervention within the greek community as a whole.”

Jesse ?Scheinman

Sophomore

Delta Sigma Phi

Vice president of membership development

“As VPMD, I would like to work as an adviser to each chapter to create individualized strategic plans that are designed to benefit both the fraternity as a whole and its individual members. A big focus of mine is to help each chapter be representative of the values that they were founded on, because I believe if we as fraternities live by our values we can serve as a force for a positive college experience that benefits both the individual and the community. Overall I would like to use this position to help each chapter be the best that they could be, tackle the human issues that affect the community and break down the barriers between greeks and non-affiliates.”

Joe Weber

Junior

Theta Chi

Vice president of standards

“As vice president of standards, I hope to work actively with all 33 fraternity chapters to develop a culture of accountability at IU. In my specific role, I will help chapter leaders improve their risk management, health and safety and general organizational policies to help ensure all greek men conduct themselves in a positive and safe manner, on and off campus.”

Quint Barr

Junior

Phi Delta Theta

Vice president of finance

“I hope to bring transparency, efficiency, fiscal responsibility.”

Quinn Rusnak

Junior

Sigma Chi

Vice president of risk management

“As vice president of Risk for the IFC, I hope to provide a safe environment for all IU students. By working closely with my fellow IFC officers, chapter presidents, as well as my counterparts in Panhellenic Association Executive Committee, we hope to provide the safest and most enjoyable experiences to all members of greek life. I look forward to developing relationships with university officials as well as other students. I’m excited for the opportunity to represent my fellow students.”

Brian Singer

Junior

Sigma Alpha Mu

Vice president of communications

“If there is one message I can get across while serving my position as vice president of communications, it is that IFC is a resource for all. I am here as the liaison between IFC and the other members of greek life, but we as a whole are here to help anyone who may wish to seek it. I will be as transparent with the community as possible when it comes to interacting with the public. We’re all on the same team. We’re all one family.”