How to look nice, stay warm for exam week

During exam week, slip on a dress for a clean, polished look. It takes just as little time as putting on sweats and a t-shirt, and will have you feeling ready for the day.

After three semesters of college, I’ve pretty much nailed down the anatomy of the typical exam week look.

Leggings or oversize sweats, Uggs or Hunter Boots, some form of Indiana sweatshirt and if you’re lucky, maybe a hint of ?makeup.

I get it, exam week is rough. Do I put a lot of effort into my appearance that week? Not so much. But I’ve figured out little ways to cheat the system and get by looking like I do make an ?effort.

And while exam week is a time when you will mostly be studying, keep in mind that you will be several times more likely to bump into people you know at the library or other studying hot spots.

Last week I went to bed with my hair up in a bun and didn’t touch it until the next night. And no one could tell. All I had to do was put a dress and earrings on, and it looked like I had dressed up for the day.

Looking nice isn’t always about the amount of time you put into it but rather how you style yourself.

In the midst of these last two weeks, not only will we be dealing with finals, but we will also be entering the heart of winter. And while I actually enjoy the winter, I understand the vast majority is not with me on that one.

On saving time

Tip #1: Dresses

People always ask me when I wear a dress, “What are you dressed up for?” The honest answer? I either didn’t have any clean pants that day or didn’t feel like wearing them.

While it may seem like the opposite, dresses are perfect for exam week, because you don’t have to match them with anything like you would with pants and a top. Grab a pair of leggings, and you’re ready ?to roll.

Tip #2: Long tunic

Yeah, I’ll admit it. I’m a sucker for leggings, too. Who isn’t? But there is a simple way to take them from “I just woke up” to classy.

Wear a nice, long tunic over them with boots. It will cover your backside and look better than a T-shirt or sweatshirt. I’ve seen large-collared sweaters all over the place this season. Be the first to try the growing trend.

Tip #3: A hint of makeup

As mentioned above, half of the battle is how you style yourself.

You don’t need to take more than a couple of minutes, but take a moment to freshen up and apply whatever it is that makes you feel ready for the day. Maybe that’s just washing your face in the morning, or maybe it’s a swipe of eyeliner. ?Whatever it is, you’ll feel more complete with it.

On staying warm

Tip #1: Double layer pants

You may feel silly doing it, but trust me, this one is pure gold. Take a thin pair of leggings or tights and layer them underneath your jeans, sweats or pants.

So many pants aren’t made of heavy material, and it doesn’t take long for your legs to start to freeze. They won’t be seen, and you’ll have an extra layer of warmth.

Tip #2: Pack the extras

But will I really need it? This is what I always ask myself when I’m questioning whether or not to bring a hat or scarf with me to class.

Please, just do it. You’ll thank yourself later.

Keep a few extra things in your backpack for the constantly shifting ?temperatures.

Neutral-colored accessories are good picks, because you can wear them with anything and everything in your wardrobe.