?Adam DeVine to perform at IU Auditorium

Actor and comedian Adam Devine will perform at the IU Auditorium on Feb. 25, 2015.

Adam DeVine is scheduled to come to campus in February. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday.

The show will be 8 p.m. Feb. 25, 2015.

Geoff Ferguson, the 2015 director of the performance and entertainment committee at Union Board, said in an email the event will focus on stand-up comedy.

“Students in attendance should expect a stand-up comedy show that displays Adam DeVine’s unique and hilarious style of humor, exemplified by his performances in ‘Workaholics,’ ‘Pitch Perfect,’ ‘Modern Family’ and ‘Adam DeVine’s House Party,’” he said.

DeVine was made famous as the co-creator, writer and leading actor of the Comedy Central show “Workaholics.”

He was also involved in “Pitch Perfect,” where he played “Bumper Allen,” leader of the all-male campus singing champions.

While filming the movie, he worked with Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow and Rebel Wilson.

He has just wrapped up production in “Pitch Perfect 2,” to be released May 15, 2015.

People will also be able to see DeVine in Nancy Meyers’ “The Intern” opposite of Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro.

He is also featured in “Final Girls” opposite of Nina Dobrev and Thomas Middleditch, according to the release.

Brett Bassock, the current director of live entertainment at Union Board, said the show “fit” campus because of the nature of the DeVine’s performance.

Not only is the comedian close to the age of the average student, but Bassock said DeVine is relatable to the student population.

For those seeking tickets, they can be purchased ?online at iuauditorium.com , in person at the IU Auditorium Box Office, through ticketmaster.com and its outlets or also on the phone by calling ?800-745-3000.

For those buying tickets in person at IU Auditorium, a lottery conducted at the IU Auditorium Box office will determine customers’ places in line.

That lottery ticket distribution will begin at 9 a.m., according to a news release from the Indiana Memorial Union Board.

The show will be for people ages 18 and older.

The show is organized by Union Board, the largest and oldest programming body on the Bloomington campus, which serves as the governing body of the Indiana Memorial Union.

The group organizes a range of events and activities for IU students each semester with the aid of ?students fees.