Man arrested on multiple preliminary charges following downtown dispute

A Unionville, Ind., man was arrested Saturday on preliminary charges of battery with a deadly weapon, possession of paraphernalia, public intoxication and false reporting.

Jordan Harris, 32, was arrested around 5 p.m. after reportedly hitting another man with a rock and a belt with a metal padlock attached, Bloomington Police Department Sergeant Pam Gladish said Monday.

Police responded to a call at Rogers and Dodds streets reporting that a 44-year-old victim had a tennis-ball-sized bump on his head.

The victim reportedly interrupted an argument between Harris and unidentified people at Seminary Square regarding spice, a type of synthetic marijuana.

According to the report, Harris grew upset and threw a rock at the victim. The pair exchanged words before Harris pulled out the belt and hit the victim.

The victim fell down and said he did not remember much of what happened after he was hit.

Following the exchange between Harris and the victim, the victim was once more assaulted by other people in the park, leaving him with a bloodied lip.

The victim left the scene and called the police.

Upon searching Harris, the police found a box cutter and a small green smoking device.

Harris reportedly identified himself with several false names and told officers he was afraid he had a warrant outstanding for failure to appear.