Analytics leader to come to IU

A co-founder and executive vice president for the world’s leading business analytics vendor will speak at the fall meeting for the Kelley School of Business’ Institute for Business Analytics.

John Sall is a co-founder and executive vice president at SAS. He will be the second SAS co-founder to visit the business school in recent years.

SAS co-founder Jim Goodnight visited IU in 2011. SAS is a member of the Institute for Business Analytics advisory board.

The Institute for Business Analytics was founded in 2011 and works to prepare students to solve problems in business using analytics.

The fall meeting will also welcome four new members to the advisory board.

The new members include Informatica Corp., Qlik, C.H. Robinson and Brillio.

They join 26 companies already on the advisory board, according to the University.

These companies assist the institute in collaboration on research and analytics-related classes.

Informatica is the No. 1 supplier of data integration software worldwide.

More than 5,000 companies worldwide depend on Informatica.

Qlik was founded in ?Sweden in 1993. The company is a leader in data discovery with approximately 33,000 ?customers.

C.H. Robinson, founded in 1905, is one of the world’s largest third-party logistics ?providers.

Brillio has offices in Silicon Valley, London and India, with corporate offices in New ?Jersey.

It is a global technology consulting, software and business solutions company.

Sall’s visit is in conjunction with the institute’s new Analytics Leadership Award, the winner of which will be ?announced Friday.