The ISIS truth

Local political figures and media have been involved in the international concern about the twisted spectacle shaking the Middle East known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

It’s disappointing how they’ve all forgotten to mention a crucial detail that can widen our perspectives on this crisis.

It’s incredibly dishonest how our leaders have acted stunned at ISIS’s swift military gains.

The unspeakable truth is the United States has worked with regional governments to water the roots of ISIS.

It remains questionable whether they’ve premeditatedly grown this monster, but it’s by no means an unanticipated accident.

Groups in Syria have received funding, arming and training contributions from the U.S. during the past few years.

U.S. General Thomas McInerney publicly admitted earlier this month that the U.S. has directly supplied weapons to the wrong rebel groups and in some cases even ISIS itself.

Our government justifies these supportive actions through claiming that the recipients are “moderate” factions.

The problem with this is these people have their own agendas and too often cooperate with the worst of radical groups.

If you need an example of the consequences following such junky policies then look at Libya.

Since the coup d’etat of Gaddafi’s regime, Libya has been overrun by lawless militants and plunged into complete social and economic turmoil.

The blame for the persistence of ISIS subdivisions in Iraq who were formerly Al-Qaida can even be traced to the Bush Administration’s reckless actions there during the past decade.

The resulting chaos creates terrorist-incubating environments like it already has in Syria and Iraq as we’ve seen with the rise of ISIS.

President Barack Obama’s continued insistence to arm the “moderate” Syrian rebels and bomb Syria doesn’t sound like a plan to thwart ISIS.

It seems like our government may try to replicate what it did to Libya and Iraq in Syria. This would blow this issue far out of its current proportion.

I’m not arguing this entire mess has been manifested by governmental mismanagement or corruption. Still, it’s impossible to deny that our leaders’ involvement in aiding the wrong people and destabilizing governments has facilitated the malignant spread of these vicious groups that now comprise ISIS.

Now our politicians are posing like heroes and begging us to stand behind them with phony patriotic commitment to the “war on terror” they’ve been suspiciously perpetuating.

These revolting jihadists are just useful pons inadvertently working for the military industrial complex, the geopolitical gain of dominant world powers and the destruction of our liberties worldwide.

I agree they must be stopped, but unless we launch a congressional investigation and amend our disastrous foreign policies first, we cannot expect another crook-sponsored offensive strategy to solve anything.