Indie Con serves Midwest filmmaking community

FROM IDS REPORTS

The 2014 Independent Filmmakers Convention will take place at IU for the second consecutive year.

The convention is presented by the Indiana Filmmakers Network.

“By hosting the Indie Film Con here in Bloomington, in Southern Indiana — not in L.A., not in Chicago or New York — we’re giving the filmmaking community in this area a venue, a place to gather an audience as well as to meet the audience,” organizer Chris Eller said in a blog post on Art at IU.

Screenings, workshops and panels will take place from Saturday and Sunday.

Workshops will be held in the Fine Arts Building 010 and panels will be in room 015.

Workshops will cover topics such as stunts and set safety, how to act for the camera and production property law.

Panels will cover topics such as production of a film on an ultra-low budget, women in filmmaking and production of a web series.

Saturday will feature shorts programs in the genres of drama, fiction and horror. There will be a special presentation at 7:30 p.m., and the feature film “Proxy” will play at 8 p.m.

Sunday will feature 3D shorts followed by the feature film “Chronospunk!” at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets can be bought in advance at the IU Auditorium box office. The pass for Saturday is $20, and the pass for Sunday is $10. The Full Convention Pass is $30.

Tickets may be purchased the day of the convention as well at the IU Cinema lobby.  

A full schedule and additional information can be found at indiefilmcon.com.

Anu Kumar