Counting calories

nutrition

Bring it on, 2014. It's been more than a month since your well-intentioned resolution to lose weight or stay fit, but it takes more effort than just four weeks to make (and keep) the habit. Inside has rounded up some more of the more sneaky bad-for-you foods around town to keep you on track and in the know.

Jimmy John’s Beach Club

820 calories
42.5 grams of fat

With self-reported freaky fast delivery and seemingly healthy sandwiches, Jimmy John’s might look like a good choice. But the popular turkey-provolone-avocado Beach Club on standard French bread packs it in. To build that spring break bod, stay away from this beach.

Source: jimmyjohns.com

Long Island Iced Tea
up to 700 calories

Celebrate the weekend with a cheap but strong Long Island Iced Tea? Think again. This heavy-hitter cocktail combines 3-5 shots of different alcohols (ie. 300-500 calories) plus cola or whatever sweet mixer you choose. Drop that mini pitcher and try something lighter if you’re counting on keeping off the flab this winter.

Pizza X Breadstixs
148 calories

When the late-night munchies hit, consider skipping the call to order some sticks. Three of those will put you near 500 calories and adding sauce will tip the scales. But if you can’t resist, keep in mind the pizza sauce puts you at 50 calories an ounce, while the garlic butter pours on 200 calories per ounce.

Source:pizzaxbloomington.com

Chipotle burrito
~1000 calories

Maybe you’ve heard the tortilla itself is 300 calories, or maybe you’ve decided to forget that little fact. But the nutrition calculator adds up — if you’re buying your burrito, it’s not only full of integrity (thanks, all-natural ingredients), it’s also full of a lot of other stuff that will keep you longer at the gym.

Source: chipotle.com