arts performances

Music, arts festival comes to Bloomington

Bounce Music Festival and MES Presents will stage a two-day music and arts festival on a farm near Bloomington this April, the company announced Monday.

Bounce has brought several music acts to IU in the past, including Avicii in 2011 and DJ Tiësto for 2012’s Little 500.

The festival will feature three stages for music, carnival rides, camping and food. While musical acts at past festivals have all been of the same genre, April’s festival will present acts across multiple genres including hip-hop, electronic, rock and country.

Bounce Co-founder Brandon Silverstein was inspired to create the two-day event after meeting Michael Lang, co-creator of the Woodstock Festival.

“My vision is similar to his, and I want to bring back the real festival atmosphere and portray the Americana feel to our fans with all genres,” Silverstein said in a press release.

“Woodstock changed everything in 1969 — music, culture, and the way the world looks at festival events,” Bounce Co-founder Jared Lyons said. “We felt the need to bring this concept to the Midwest where we can bring fans in from surrounding cities like Bloomington, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus and so on.”

Tickets for the festival, which takes place April 11 and 12, will go on sale to the public on Jan. 20. A limited amount of pre-sale tickets will be available for those who pre-register at BounceMusicFestival.com.

— Rachel Osman