Bruder named IU chief marketing officer

caMUG

IU alumnus Eric T. Bruder was recently selected as IU executive associate vice president and chief marketing officer, according to a release issued July 8.

Bruder is a veteran consumer goods marketing executive.

“We are pleased to welcome Eric to Indiana University and look forward to drawing upon his experiences in business and industry, as well as in international affairs, to help lead and guide the ways in which IU is represented to audiences at home, across the country and around the world,” William Stephan, IU’s vice president for engagement, said in the release.

Bruder earned his bachelor’s degree from the IU School of Journalism in 1990. He earned a master’s degree in international affairs from American University and his MBA in marketing from Columbia University, according to the release.

He has had a 22-year career in marketing and international trade at places such as Unilever, Bestfoods and Kraft/Nabisco, according to the release, and has spent the last five years as a marketing and business development leader at The Hershey Company.

Since late 2010, he has served as vice president and general manager of Hershey’s Global Innovation Incubator.

“It is an honor and a privilege to come back home to Indiana University as the new chief marketing officer,” Bruder said in the release. “IU is already an extremely powerful higher education brand, and I am excited to be working with all our outstanding campuses, schools and units to further drive IU’s reputation as a world-class academic institution.”

Bruder spent four years as an international trade specialist for the U.S. Department of Commerce, aiding opportunity development for American business in Eastern Europe, Russia and central Asia, according to the release.