Bre's peeves: Cheers for Chinos

This weather is ridiculous.

I get that we live in Indiana and the weather has always been temperamental, but I’ve usually been able to go home for Easter and take back at least part of my winter wardrobe. Maybe as I get older, my level of cynicism rises.
Or perhaps I’m getting in my fill of complaining about the state I will only call home for two more months.

Either way, mother nature, you’ve been a real downer this month.
Apparently, I’m not the only one who likes to complain.
Many of guy friends who’ve been reading complained I don’t offer them much advice, so today’s column is for the males of campus.

In the winter, you get a pass.

The weather is cold, your house is warm and you generally don’t feel like dedicating much time or energy into looking nice. Your pass is hopefully about to end as spring is officially here and the weather will start to match the season.

You’re probably looking for a go-to spring staple combination that can translate easily between classes, work and the bars. Fear not, fellas, because the Chino is still alive and well.

A lightweight pant that comes in a variety of colors, Chinos are just as comfortable as jeans but offer a step up from the denim staple.
This means no more sweatpants to class, and definitely no more stained jeans at the bars.

T-shirts, polos and sweaters are all acceptable tops to pair with the twill fabric bottoms. Just be sure to match with the dress code of the occasion you’re going to.
Shoe choice is just as important. Footwear can make or break an outfit. Sperrys, Timberland Boots and Clark’s Desert Boots are all elegant and comfortable choices that can take you to multiple venues.

Where can you buy these magical pants?
J. Crew, Gap and Banana Republic all offer an affordable version in a myriad of colors that will last you for several seasons.
Men of Bloomington, you’ve officially run out of excuses. You know what to select, how to wear it and the store you can buy it from.
Happy shopping, but most of all, happy dressing.