Straight No Chaser to return to IU Audiorium

Straight No Chaser

Formed at IU 16 years ago, Straight No Chaser blossomed as a campus sensation.

Now, it is an international sensation, playing across the United States and in a 10-concert tour throughout the United Kingdom.

Straight No Chaser will return at 8 p.m. today to the IU Auditorium.

Doug Booher, director of the auditorium, said the group’s roots are firmly buried in Bloomington soil.

“Having been the starting point of their careers as entertainers, it’s always special for the guys to return to the auditorium stage and Bloomington,” he said in an email.

Straight No Chaser has more than 20 million video views on YouTube.

Taking into account the online response, Straight No Chaser catered the tour toward its tech-savvy audience.

“We are excited to really drive home the idea of building a fan community around content by naming our tour #SNCLive,” group member Randy Stine said in a press release.

Despite their fame, the members of Straight No Chaser remain humble, Booher said.

From his experiences working with the group, Booher said they are “just regular guys” who love what they do on and offstage.

When Straight No Chaser was a student group, the performers’ charismatic personalities wooed the audience without the aid of their singing voices, Booher said.

Now, the audience still receives the humor it expected 16 years ago.

“They have definitely continued to hone the production value of their show, sharpen the vocal quality of their music and still wow the audience with their warmth and humor,” Booher said.

Booher also said he is excited for Straight No Chaser to return to its roots and that it will be a night to remember.

“Members of the audience should expect to smile, laugh and walk away humming a few of their tunes,” he said. “It will be a great night for
everyone.”