sports field hockey

Hoosiers close home slate with pair of weekend matches

Field Hockey v. Iowa

The IU field hockey team will play its final two home matches of the season this weekend against No. 6 Penn State and Michigan State. The Hoosiers are coming off a 3-2 loss against Ohio State in Columbus last Friday.

“We were not as organized,” IU Coach Amy Robertson said. “We weren’t as aware off the ball. Our communication was pretty discouraging.”

The Hoosiers won a neutral-site game but have gone 1-3 in road games. The team is undefeated in five home matches.

“This team, this year, really seems to respond the best at home,” Robertson said. “We feel really comfortable being on our own field in front of our own fans, and these have been our best games played right here at IU.”

Robertson said the team wasn’t at its best last week and that watching video, among other adjustments, should help it get back on track.

“We’ve got a lot of experience in our forward line, and last week they looked to pass more than they looked to be aggressive and dangerous,” Robertson said, “We’re
going to change that up with Morgan Fleetwood and Jaclyn Zamudio and Katie
Griswold.”

Because Sunday is the final home game of the season, Griswold is one of four seniors who will be playing their final game at the IU Field Hockey Complex.

“It’s been an incredible journey, and that’s what’s so exciting about finally being a senior, is thinking about everything you’ve been through since you were a freshman,” Griswold said.