Auditorium to waive handling fee

The IU Auditorium will kick off ticket sales for its 2011-12 season shows by waiving the usual $10 handling fee.

The waiver will begin at 10 a.m. Friday and applies to individual tickets purchased online until 11:59 p.m.

“What’s so great is that people can buy tickets from their home without the regular handling fee,” Auditorium Events Manager Maria Talbert said. “It’s a perk for people who want to purchase online.”

Individual tickets are also available for purchase through the IU Auditorium box office, which never charges handling fees.

The 2011-12 IU Auditorium season includes big-name performances by Jon Stewart of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” and Tony Award-Winning actress Bernadette Peters. Also on the lineup are numerous touring Broadway shows as well as classical and contemporary musical performances.

Graduate student Aziz Burkhanov said that while he hadn’t thought about buying tickets to any of the shows, he will probably look into it.

“I may buy tickets to certain shows that I’m interested in,” Burkhanov said. “If I do, I may purchase them online or at the box office.”

Freshman Jill Sorg said she plans to purchase tickets online, especially since the handling fee will be waived.

“I definitely plan on going to see Jon Stewart and maybe some others,” Sorg said. “I’m really looking forward to it.”

For more information about tickets and performances, visit www.iuauditorium.com.