Capobianco, Dickerson and Gunner Kiel, Oh MY

May 16 - Former IU wrestling coach Doug Blubaugh — three-time All-America wrestler and 1960 Olympic gold medalist — dies in a motorcycle accident in Tonkawa, Okla. Blubaugh was 76 years old.

May 20 - Men’s basketball forward Bobby Capobianco announces he’s leaving the program. Capobianco transfers to Valparaiso University.

May 22 - Former IU quarterback Dave Schnell passes away after a battle with cancer. He was 44.

June 7 - Two Hoosiers are selected during the MLB Draft: outfielder Alex Dickerson by the Pittsburgh Pirates and pitcher Blake Monar by the Washington Nationals.

June 18 - Calbert Cheaney is named Indiana’s director of basketball operations. Cheaney, who played for IU from 1989 to 1993, was a three-time All-American and won the 1993 Naismith award.

June 27-July 5 - Junior forward Orianica Velasquez competes as part of the Colombian Women’s National Team for the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

July 1 - Nebraska officially joins the Big Ten, making it a 12-team conference.

July 25 - Former IU wide receiver Terrance Turner wastes little time when the NFL lockout ends to find a team, signing with the Philadelphia Eagles.

July 26 - The Washington Redskins sign former IU quarterback Ben Chappell. In 2010, Chappell led the Big Ten in passing yards and completions.

July 27 - Gunner Kiel, the nation’s top-rated quarterback, gives IU a verbal commitment.

July 27 - Former IU wide receiver Tandon Doss signs a four-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens.

Aug. 11 - Kevin Wilson and radio hosts Zakk and Jack of WNDE 1260 AM argue on air.

Aug. 18 - The IU Board of Trustees approves construction for a new baseball and softball complex.