sports water polo

Hoosiers roll to three straight at Maryland Invitational

IU concluded its regular season with three victories in its final weekend of play.

The Hoosiers defeated a pair of Ivy League opponents Saturday, knocking off Brown and Harvard 11-6 and 14-8, respectively, in College Park, Md.

Against Brown, junior goalkeeper Cassie Wyckoff recorded five first-half saves, moving her into second place all-time on the career list with 667.

Wyckoff concluded the weekend with eight saves in the final two contests.

Junior attacker Jakie Köhli and senior attacker Kelsey Campbell each posted hat tricks for IU against Brown.

Against Harvard, senior attacker Nicole Redder scored four goals and Köhli recorded a second consecutive hat trick to lead the Hoosiers.

“We really got things done on the offensive end,” head coach Barry King said after the match against Harvard. “I thought we dictated the flow of the game in the second half and that was a key for us.”

The Hoosiers traveled to the nation’s capital Sunday to take on George Washington. IU broke open the game in the third period behind six goals to take a 12-5 lead into the final quarter. The Hoosiers never looked back, earning a 13-8 victory.

The Hoosiers might have took momentum into the locker room at half thanks to freshman attacker Shae Fournier’s power play goal with 38 seconds remaining in the half.

With the three victories, IU concluded the season at 22-11 and recorded its fourth-consecutive 20-win season and the 12th in King’s 14 seasons.