Monday, June 17

IU lags in the race for ‘Your Highness’

Universal Pictures’ and Eventful’s “Demand it!” is giving colleges the opportunity to vote for their school to be hosts to the world premiere of “Your Highness” on April 8.

“We’re excited to be working with Universal Pictures to give college students the power to bring ‘Your Highness’ and its star-studded cast to their school,” CEO of Eventful Jordan Glazier said.

From director David Gordon Green, “Your Highness” stars James Franco and Danny McBride play two princes on a quest to rescue the fiancée of the heir to the throne before their kingdom is destroyed. This is the second pairing for Green and Franco, who worked together on “Pineapple Express” in 2008.

“When Danny and I decided to make this movie, we wanted a rowdy and outrageous movie like the films we watched in college together,” Green said. “In the spirit of our inspiration, it was important to premiere this movie not with the typical Hollywood crowd but at the perfect college with a crowd that would dig it the most.”

IU is currently ranked 34th in the race, with the University of Illinois in first place and Ohio State in 10th.

Universal Pictures campus representative Lisa Wagner is enthusiastic about getting fellow students online to vote.

“IU came in fifth last year and won an advanced screening of ‘Get Him to the Greek.’ I would love to see an even bigger voter turnout for this year,” Wagner said.

In addition to being host to the world premiere, the winning school will also have an exclusive after-party that McBride, Franco and Green will attend.

“If our school wins, the Universal Pictures campus reps will make sure the maximum amount of students possible will be in attendance,” Wagner said.

Students can cast their vote by going to www.eventful.com/yourhighness.Once there, they can  look up their school and click“Demand it!”. You may cast your vote multiple times by using different e-mail addresses.