Monday, June 17

Mac Miller performs in Bloomington

Mac Miller

With blue Nikes on his feet and a mic in his hand, rapper Mac Miller burst onto the stage ready to shake the crowd.

Miller’s entourage huddled around him, screaming at the audience to get its hands up as the fans at the sold-out show at The Bishop enthusiastically obeyed.

Miller stopped in Bloomington for back-to-back shows at The Bishop and the Bluebird Nightclub on his “Incredibly Dope Tour.”

Freshman Bryce McCloud was one of the first on the scene and was eager to hear Miller perform.

“I’m here to see Mac because he’s got sick flow that’s different from anyone else in the game right now,” he said.

Though openers Sonny Bamboo and S-Preme were working hard to warm up the crowd, it was clear that Miller was who the audience came to see.

After opening with “Get Em Up,” a song off his latest playlist “K.I.D.S,” Miller said he wanted to try something different for Thursday’s show.

“I think I’m just going to stop the beat or just stop singing randomly,” Miller said to the crowd. “Tonight, I want you guys singing along with me. We are all performers tonight.”

Miller stuck to this theme for the night, dropping the beat during the Owl City-themed chorus of “Don’t Mind If I Do” and the paraphernalia references in “Senior Skip Day.”

Through every song, the collective screaming of lyrics from fans was heard. Freshman Caroline Majerczyk said Miller’s songs were easy to get into.

“I haven’t been a fan for very long, but I love ‘K.I.D.S.,’ and my favorite song of his is ‘Senior Skip Day,’” Majerczyk said. “I went nuts when he did that.”

From singing “Happy Birthday” to an audience member to taking requests, Miller was nothing less than a crowd pleaser.

From start to finish, a grin never left Miller’s face. Miller turned a typical Thursday into an “Incredibly Dope” show.