Student reports sexual assault in residence hall

IUPD composite

A male student reported on Oct. 25 to the IU Police Department he had been sexually assaulted on Oct. 20.

The assault occurred at about 3 p.m. in a dorm room in the southeast portion of the IU campus. The victim went to Bloomington Hospital.

In an effort not to compromise the victim’s identity, IUPD will not release which residence hall the sexual assault took place in, said IUPD Capt. Jerry Minger.

The victim reported first meeting the suspect in Wright Food Court three weeks prior to the incident and had since seen him on other occasions. The day of the incident, the suspect asked the victim to play video games in his dorm room. While in his room, he was assaulted, according to an IUPD press release. No indication of alcohol consumption is suspected on either party.

According to the press release, the victim described his attacker as a white male between 21 and 23 years of age, 5’10 and 215 pounds. He has acne, curly brown hair which hangs approximately three-inches long, brown eyes, a “pinched” nose, long facial stubble, a gold ring on his right hand, possibly  with initials “WHS” and dark skin. The victim said the suspect’s name is possibly Dylan.

The suspect was wearing a grey T-shirt, with “INDIANA” in black block lettering, blue jeans and black tennis shoes, according to the press release.

IUPD has a primary suspect, but is hoping for people with information to call in, Minger said. He said people who called in with information regarding an Oct. 11 rape helped lead to a primary suspect.

If anyone has information on the case or identity of the suspect, contact the IUPD at (812) 855-4111 and speak to an investigator or shift commander.

This is the second report this month of a male-male sexual assault IUPD is investigating. The first report of male-male rape, which has a different suspect, occurred early in the morning Oct. 11 possibly in the parking lot of the Student Recreational Sports Center.