Student claims immunity

IU student Simona Lucia Willison, 20,  was arrested Wednesday after her roommates called the Bloomington Police Department, complaining that she was “out of control” and threatening them.

Willison faces charges of intimidation, disorderly conduct and illegal consumption of alcohol, said Lt. David Drake, reading from a police report.

Officer Ethan Haley was called at 2:52 a.m. on Wednesday to the 1100 block of Clarizz Boulevard. One of Willison’s roommates reported she was screaming, yelling obscenities and breaking things, Drake said. She and another roommate were hiding in their rooms, hoping Willison would calm down.

Haley tried to talk to Willison, who said she didn’t know what they were talking about, Drake said. When Haley warned her about disorderly conduct, Willison told him she had diplomatic immunity and didn’t have to do anything they told her to do.

Willison became calm enough for Haley to leave, but officers were called back to the residence at 3:22 a.m., Drake said. Willison had made threats against one roommate and was waiting outside her bedroom door for her. Willison refused to cooperate with officers, said she was an Italian citizen and again claimed diplomatic immunity, Drake said.

Officers arrested Willison, who did not have proof of diplomatic immunity.
The Italian consulate in Chicago was also notified, as is required by law, Drake said.