4 Hoosier divers lead NCAA diving championships

0000-_D-1860656793

IU senior diver Christina Loukas practices a dive off of a one-meter springboard during a practice on Feb. 26, 2009 at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center. Loukas was recently selected to the USA Diving 2009 World Championships team. James Brosher Buy Photos

On day one of the NCAA Zone C Diving Championships in Minneapolis, four Hoosier divers earned spots to the NCAA Championships.

Christina Loukas won the three-meter springboard competition, finishing with a 12-dive score of 736.65, beating out Purdue's Casey Mathews by more than 100 points, according to a press release. Brittney Feldman and Gabby Agostino finished in third and fourth place, respectively. Amy Korthauer placed eighth with 558.15 points.

The Hoosiers led the three-meter springboard preliminaries, snatching four of the top seven spots. Loukas holds the top spot after six dives with 365.15 points, followed by Feldman (308.40), and Agostino (304.20). Korthauer placed seventh with 289.10 points. Christina Kouklakis finished 25th in the prelims with 173.60 points, according to the press release.

The competition continues Saturday with the women’s one-meter and the men’s three-meter.

More in Sports