4 Hoosiers hope to make NCAA tourney cut

Brandon Foltz

Four swimmers will travel to Purdue this weekend with hopes of joining their teammates in the upcoming NCAA competition.\nSenior swimmer Alex Brunfeldt, junior swimmers A.J. Miller and Steven Murry and sophomore swimmer Aaron Opell will all take part in the Boiler-Make-It Last Chance Invitational time trials to attempt to make the cut.\nAll four men are hoping to garner the competitive times to join what may be one of the strongest swimming squads in years. IU coach Ray Looze is also hoping to add a few members to his already outstanding squad.\n“We’d love to get one or two more guys,” Looze said. “But the core group we have right now is pretty solid and they should give us a chance to score some good points.”\nBoth Murry and Miller said that the team is looking strong and they are eagerly anticipating the NCAAs but would love to help lead their team to a top-10 finish rather than cheer from the pool deck.\n“I’m getting excited,” Murry said. “I’m just trying to make it right now. I’m right on the fringe, hoping to get \nin there.”\nLooze said he is fairly confident in the four swimmers but that usually only one swimmer actually makes the cuts during the invitational. Miller said he is very hopeful and that he would love to join “the best NCAA team we’ve had in a long time.”\n“I’m just going for one event,” Miller said. “I’m going to go for it all right then and there. If I don’t get it, I don’t get it. If I do, I’m real excited for it.”