Triumph of Meatwad

Fast food considers its surrealism.

If one were to take everything arbitrary and random and disgusting in this world and put it into a cracked-out late-night TV series, one would come up with something called "Aqua Teen Hunger Force." The only reason somebody would ever buy Volume Five would be if they were truly an avid fan. It's just more of the same, and I say this with all the best intentions. What you have to realize about "Aqua Teen" is that there really is no continuity between episodes. One random episode relates to another in a way only a psychotic person could understand. \nThis shotgun approach is what's so crazy-awesome about "Aqua Teen" -- it produces a bizarre genre of comedy. (Seriously, after one episode you would understand.) This show is way beyond messed up and is vulgar to the extreme. I could never imagine raising a child on such a cartoon. Still, it is the type of cartoon I hope a spawn of mine would eventually grow to love. \nThe fast-food-item characters are so perfectly developed and the plotlines so twisted I can't help but love this bastard of a show. "Aqua Teen" demands respect, and if you won't give it any, then it tells you to piss off -- which it explicitly does in the special feature "ATHF Responds to the Critics." The features "Tera Patrick Eats a Hot Dog" and "Granny Takes Her Top Off" contain the same hysterical attitude as the rest of the show. However, the special features at times struggle to maintain viewer interest, and at times it feels as if the show compiled a bunch of random junk and called it "Special Features," including a mini video game titled "The Worst Game Ever." It is.\nIf you have not figured it out already, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" is clearly not for everyone and appeals to a specific demographic. However, everyone should see at least one episode just to experience the crude and horribly politically incorrect humor.