Hoosiers top Ohio State in Columbus

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 14 IU men’s basketball team showed no signs of an emotional hangover after last Thursday’s game against Illinois as the Hoosiers won its second straight road game in Columbus Sunday, defeating Ohio State 59-53.\nFreshman guard Eric Gordon played 35 minutes, scoring 15 points in the process. \nSenior forward D.J. White shined again for IU in a match-up with 7ft center Kosta Koufos. White tallied another double-double for the Hoosiers, scoring 21 points and pulling down 13 rebounds.\nWith the Hoosiers leading 29-21 at the half, Ohio State responded out of the locker room with a 8-2 run to cut the IU lead to two points – the closest the Buckeyes would get to IU for the rest of the afternoon.\nThe Hoosiers countered Ohio State’s run with a 9-0 run of its own, increasing the IU lead to 11 points with 13:14 left on the clock. White said he was proud of the way his team stayed calm after letting its lead evaporate to start the second half.\nThe Hoosiers never relinquished the lead, but the Buckeyes kept the game close until the final horn. IU kept good control of the basketball, committing just 7 turnovers, and took quality shots for most of the game. Sampson praised is team’s patience on the offensive side of the floor.