Last-word lounge

No Golden Globes:\nNBC cancelled the awards show, after all the nominated actors from the Screen Actors Guild said they wouldn't show up in solidarity with striking writers. There's still a press conference, but now what will the 12 people who care about the Golden Globes do with their time?

Return of late night:\nLetterman, Leno, Conan, Craig, Stewart and Colbert are all back, some still without writers. It's not what it used to be, but if you caught Conan's version of "Sabotage" as Edith Bunker, you'll know there's still some magic left.

Through "The Wire":\nForget the writer's strike: The best show on TV is also back for its last season. So you got HBO for "The Sopranos" and don't know what to do with it? Watch this. In the meantime, grab all the old seasons from Netflix to catch up.

"Cloverfield":\nThe ultimate WTF movie comes out next week, and after all the viral marketing, we still have no idea what is going on. It looks like "Godzilla" meets "Blair Witch," but with J.J. Abrams, who ever knows?

"Juno" soundtrack:\nThe new "Garden State"? An indie mixtape anchored by Kimya Dawson's original tunes, this soundtrack's got just the right amount of mainstream appeal and selective snobbery to become a big hit.

Death of DRM:\nSony BMG became the last label to drop Digital Rights Management, ending the stupidity of CDs that can't be ripped and MP3s that can't be copied. Nice to see the record industry realize how stupid and backward DRM was. It probably won't save them, though.