Colts gear up for trip back to Baltimore

The Indianapolis Colts already know they are going to be in for a tough time Sunday night against the Baltimore Ravens. Emotions still run hot among Baltimore fans, former Colts fans from years past.\nNow, even after an emotional loss to New England, Baltimore is ready for another visit from the Colts.\n“We got a chance to see Baltimore on Monday night and saw what really makes them tough,” Colts coach Tony Dungy said Thursday. “They played New England very physical, a very strong running game, tough defense, all of the things we have seen the last four or five times we’ve played these guys. So we have to get ready to go.”\nAs always, the Colts can expect a less-than-friendly reaction from the Baltimore fans, many of them still bitter about the Colts’ defection to Indianapolis almost 24 years ago.\n“It’s pretty tough. I’ve only been there twice, but it’s definitely a real conducive stadium for crowd noise and that type of thing,” Dungy said. “They have a great atmosphere. And their defense is so tough. ... So I would say, yes, it’s one of the tougher places you go.”\nQuarterback Peyton Manning, who struggled in leading the Colts to a 15-6 win over Baltimore in the playoffs last season, knows what to expect, too.\n“Baltimore alone, it’s an extremely loud place to play,” Manning said. “It’s tough. They’re tough to move the ball against. And every yard that you get you kind of feel good about.”\nSix players did not take part in Thursday’s workout, including linebacker Gary Brackett (hip), defensive tackle Raheem Brock (rib), offensive tackle Ryan Diem (knee), receiver Marvin Harrison (knee), cornerback Tim Jennings (team decision) and safety Bob Sanders (team decision).\nReturning to practice after sitting out Wednesday were offensive tackle Charlie Johnson, running back Kenton Keith and defensive end Robert Mathis.\nBrackett and Sanders are expected to start Sunday night at Baltimore, but the status for the rest won’t be updated until after Friday’s practice. Whether Harrison, who went through a limited practice session Wednesday, will be able to play in the Ravens’ game remains uncertain.\n“Marvin went through a few things (Wednesday) in practice for the first time in a long while,” Dungy said. Thursday “was kind of his scheduled day off and running and doing some rehab work, so we’ll see how he is (Friday). If he has a good day of practice, by Saturday I think we’ll know what’s going to happen and there’s a chance he could play.”\nHe said Harrison didn’t show any signs of the bruised left knee that has kept him out of the Indianapolis lineup.