‘And that’s what that is all about’

His name is Frank.\nFrank Caliendo. \nHe’s got a new show on TBS called Frank TV. He impersonates famous people in sketch comedy. His voices are flawless and his comedy is not just smart, but funny.\nI bet you’re wondering what Frank has to do with national sports. To be honest, he doesn’t really have any correlation to sports. Except for the fact that Frank does amazing impersonations of Charles Barkley, John Madden, Bill Walton, Jim Rome and Terry Bradshaw.\nAfter watching his show the other night – and then again and again the next two days – I have really become accustomed to his Madden voice. He’s so good that when I watched Sunday Night Football, I thought it was him a few times.\nFrank has pointed out all of Madden’s flaws: his ability to be captain obvious, his incredibly strange man crush on Brett Favre and his habit of talking about nothing and then summing it up by saying, “and that’s what that’s all about.”\nFrank has officially made it tough to watch SNF. As I continued to watch I kept noticing more and more of Frank’s criticisms of Madden.\nWe have all noticed that Madden has said some of the dumbest stuff for years, and makes his comments seem like they’re relevant for all of his viewers. But as I watched Madden try to break down a zone defense by drawing lines of receiver routes that would work against this defense – one route that started from the Pittsburgh Steelers’ sideline – I started to really catch on to how stupid his comments truly are. \nHe says absolutely nothing about the game that a 5-year-old couldn’t come up with. And when he does have insightful things to say, he is unable to spit them out in coherent sentences.\nHe really sounds like a broken record. Or at least a remix of a really bad rap song.\nThe best part about Frank’s Madden impersonation is that Madden hates it. Pretty much everyone else that Frank can do enjoys his humor and takes it as a compliment. But Frank says that Madden hates his impersonations of him, which makes it that much funnier.\nSo why am I telling you all of this?\nBecause in this awful time of finals, case studies or whatever schoolwork you have weighing you down, Frank is someone who can continually put a smile on your face.\nOr, as Madden would put it, “Frank is a funny man. He has a funny skit. But his sketch comedy is just kind of funny when it should be really funny and we all want it to be more than just average funny. Hopefully more people will watch and think it’s funny because if he stays funny then we can watch more of his funny show. And that’s what that’s all about.”