Rappers set to entertain at Rhino’s this weekend

Grayskul, Mac Lethal promote their latest albums

Courtesy Photo

Fans of hip-hop and rap music will unite at 8 p.m. Sunday at Rhino’s All-Ages Music Club to listen to the rhymes and beats of Grayskul and Mac Lethal. \nBoth groups have been touring non-stop for about two months to promote their latest CD releases, “Bloody Radio” and “11:11,” respectively.\nGrayskul and Mac Lethal have performed in Bloomington before and said they are excited to return for yet another performance. Grayskul consists of rappers Onry Ozzborn and JFK. The two have known each other since 1998, but they said they didn’t form Grayskul until 2004. They said it has worked out well for them; they both have since decided to dedicate themselves entirely to their music and have never looked back. Hailing from Seattle, Grayskul pride themselves on making music that everyone can enjoy no matter where their interests lie.\nOzzborn said “Bloody Radio” is a conglomeration of all the sub-genres that make up hip-hop. “There’s at least one or two songs that everyone can get into no matter what you listen to,” he said.\nThe title “Bloody Radio” is just further proof of how universal Grayskul feels their music is. \n“‘Bloody Radio’ is our version of the radio. It’s like if we took over a radio station for a day. Everyone can enjoy it,” \nOzzborn said.\nTaking a different route, Mac Lethal prefers to interject humor into his music. He’s also a self-admitted “sarcastic” rapper, who said he draws inspiration from stand-up comedians.\n“My messages are more or less about making sure that people don’t take life too seriously,” Lethal said. “Just try to have fun and make sure things don’t get\ntoo crazy.”\nLethal was born and raised in Kansas City, and he’s got the accent to prove it. He doesn’t let it slow him down though and prefers to embrace it. \nLethal said he is proud of his new album, but as soon as he finishes this tour, he is going back to writing songs.\n “I pulled it off, but now I got other ideas,” Lethal said. \nLethal said he doesn’t want to let one piece of music define his career as a rapper or put all his chickens in one basket;\nGrayskul and Mac Lethal will perform at 8 p.m. Sunday at Rhino’s Music Club. Admission is $8 and all ages are \nwelcome.