Sex on the silver screen

WEEKEND compiled a list of movies' most memorable, sexy scenes. In no particlar order, these are the best of the sex.

Boogie Nights

White Palace (1990) The stars: Susan Sarandon, James Spader Why we remember: He fantasizes about his dead wife; she has arm pit hair, he reaches under the bed in the height of ecstasy and grabs hold of a moldy sandwich.
Brokeback Mountain (2005) The stars: Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal Why we remember: These two actors boldly go where few Hollywood stars have gone, and they do it in a tent, on all fours.
9 1/2 Weeks (1986) The stars: Kim Basinger, Mickey Rourke Why we remember: Strawberries, pasta, olives, Jell-O
Secretary (2002) The stars: Maggie Gyllenhaal, James Spader Why we remember: Sadomasochism, bathing, grass-covered bed
Kids (1995) The stars: Chloe Sevigny, Justin Pierce Why we remember: After wandering around New York in a drug-addled haze following the discovery that she has HIV, Sevigny's character Jennie passes out on a couch, only to be raped by Pierce's character Casper in the movie's final scene.
Boogie Nights (1997) The stars: Mark Wahlberg, mirror Why we remember: The whole movie is full of sex, and though this famous scene doesn't really include sex, when Wahlberg says, "I am a big, bright, shining star," as he stares at his member, it's clear he's making love to his favorite person: himself.
American Psycho (2000) The stars: Christian Bale, Cara Seymour, Krista Sutton Why we remember: Yuppie Patrick Bateman (Bale) tapes himself having sex with two hookers as he stares at himself flexing in the mirror. Bonus: Phil Collins' "Sussudio"
Titanic (1997) The stars: Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio Why we remember: For most of us, this was the first sex scene we saw in theaters, and that hand pressed against the steamy car window was just a warm-up to the nude art scene.
Wild Things (1998) The stars: Denise Richards, Neve Campbell Why we remember: Women in a pool, trying to drown each other, getting naked, having sex.
Fatal Attraction (1987) The stars: Glenn Close, Michael Douglas Why we remember: Love in an elevator leads to rabbit stew.
Unfaithful (2002) The stars: Diane Lane, Olivier Martinez Why we remember: Adultery in a bathroom stall
Team America: World Police (2004) The stars: Two puppets Why we remember: Puppet porn is hard to forget.
American Pie (1999) The stars: Jason Biggs, pie Why we remember: Jason Biggs, pie
Monster's Ball (2001) The stars: Halle Berry, Billy Bob Thornton Why we remember: "Can you make me feeeeeeeel good?!"
The Dreamers (2003) The stars: Michael Pitt, Eva Green, Louis Garrel Why we remember: Incest, sustained nudity and three-way sexual tension