Old dog bite infraction leads to arrest

A Bloomington woman was arrested Tuesday afternoon after she was pulled over for a seat belt violation and police discovered a warrant out for her arrest.\nKathleen A. Harden, 66, was stopped by Bloomington Police Department Officer Joe Henry after he noticed Harden was not wearing a seat belt, BPD Sgt. Jeff Canada said.\nHarden was cited in May after a pit bull she was walking bit a 1-year-old boy on the leg. The boy was taken to Bloomington Hospital, 601 W. Second St., and received stitches, according to a police report.\nAnimal Control determined the dog had not been vaccinated and was euthanized shortly after the incident.\nHarden failed to appear for her court date and BPD filed a warrant for her arrest, Canada said. When Henry ran her name for the seat belt violation, the warrant showed up, Canada said.\nHarden was arrested for harboring a non-immunized dog and transported to the Monroe County Jail.

Man arrested after stereos are stolen from four vehicles

A Bloomington man was arrested Wednesday morning after he allegedly burglarized several vehicles.\nMichael E. Starks Jr., 21, faces preliminary charges of resisting law enforcement and theft.\nBPD Officer Ian Lovan was on patrol in the 3000 block of South Walnut Street when he noticed Starks, wearing black sweatshirts in shorts, crouching near a pickup truck, Canada said reading from a police report.\nLovan approached the pickup truck and noticed the window was knocked out. When Starks noticed Lovan, he took off running. Starks ran toward a wooded area, where Lovan was able to apprehend him and take him into custody, Canada said.\nWhile Lovan was investigating the scene, he noticed four vehicles had been broken into and he found a blue backpack containing car stereos, Canada said. \nStarks told officers another person helped him break into the vehicles.\nStarks was arrested and transported to the Monroe County Jail.