Online only: I Think I Love My Wife (R) Movie: B- Extras: B-

Stick to stand up, Chris

Poor Chris Rock. The guy's hilarious, but like most comedians, his movies never quite match up to his stand-up. (Note: this does not include his tragically underappreciated TV show "Everybody Hates Chris.") \nRock plays Richard Cooper, a man who's been married for seven years and as he puts it is "fucking bored" with married life. The father of two loves his wife (Gina Torres) but can no longer stand the married life of Saturday afternoon shopping trips, dinner with other married couples and his biggest complaint, no sex. When an old friend, Nikki Tru (Kerry Washington), re-enters his life, the two form a bond that ends up being not so innocent and causes him to think, as the title says (…all together now), "I think I love my wife."\nYou've got to hand it to Rock. With "I Think I Love My Wife" -- his second film in the director's chair -- he ditches the gimmicky premises of most his films to create an adult comedy about marriage and infidelity (even if the results are far from perfect). The problem is the film, similar to "Knocked Up," isn't able to balance its raunchiness with the mature themes. So much bickering and complaining goes on -- just another reason to fear getting older -- that there isn't much room for any comedy. Instead the jokes usually come in between scenes and rely too much on mediocre race jokes and the F-word. The script also relies too heavily on Rock's narration, often pointing out the most obvious things. \nSpecial features include Rock's amusing director's commentary, some deleted and alternate scenes (nothing too special), bloopers and a feature about casting the movie. Come on, Chris, as director, writer and producer, did you actually think that anyone other than you would get the lead?