Bloomington Police Reports

Man arrested for battery, theft on Friday morning

A Bloomington man was arrested Friday at 3:38 a.m. for battery, theft and resisting law enforcement. \nRichard W. North, 46, was playing cards on the 2500 block of South Madison Street when an argument began between North and another player, Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report. North was asked to leave when he grabbed the money and began to run out of the house. \nNorth ran into the victim, grabbed her hair, hit her in the head and pushed her down, Sgt. Canada said. North left, running down Madison Street. \nHe was located behind a semitrailer on West Country Club Road by Officer Thomas Hudgins. North began to run south on Country Club Drive toward Walker Street. Officer Hudgins chased North on South Walls Drive, where he was caught and apprehended.

Man punches car tail light\nNathan S. Rondot was arrested Friday at 4:15 a.m. for public intoxication and criminal mischief, Sgt. Canada said, reading from a police report.\nRondot, 26, was at his girlfriend’s residence on the 500 block of East Smith Avenue when he got into an argument with her. \nRondot became angry and left the residence. He punched a hole in the left taillight lens of a 1989 Honda Civic, which belonged to his girlfriend’s friend.

Man arrested after wife made 911 hang-up call \nRobert L. Davis Jr., 33, was arrested Saturday after Bloomington Police received a 911 hang-up call. \nDavis was arrested on charges of battery with a deadly weapon and interfering with the reporting of a crime, Sgt. Myrick Williams said. \nPolice were dispatched to the 1100 block of North Lindbergh Drive after Davis’ wife reported he had stabbed her with a knife. \nAccording to a police report, Davis' wife said they had been drinking and Davis became upset. She said Davis had been waving a knife at her earlier in the night and got too close. She put her hand up in self defense and he accidentally stabbed her, Williams said, reading from the report.\nWhen Davis' wife tried to call police, he would not let her make the call and even barricaded the door when she tried to leave. When she finally called police, she hung up by accident because they began to argue again, said Williams, reading from the report.\nWhen officers arrived, Davis denied everything and said his wife had been the one with the knife and he had tried to take it away from her, Sgt. Williams said.