Bloomington Police Reports

Burglar gets away after eating cheese\nAt 10:36 p.m. Saturday, a family came home from a day at the lake to find their door unlocked and realized someone had entered their home, BPD Sgt. Faron Lake said, reading from a police report.\nThe family noticed the walls of their home on the 2000 block of Cedarwood Drive had been scribbled on with ink and they were missing three ceramic angels. According to police reports, the burglar completely destroyed the family's 7-year-old daughter’s room and cut her doll's hair off. The burglar wrote on the chalkboard in the daughter's room and on the back of the doll's head the phrase "I hate Ashley."\nThe burglar also ate several packages of cheese and left the wrappers on the floor.\nAnyone who has information on the suspect should call the Bloomington Police Department at (812) 339-4477.

Couple attempts kidnapping, gets away\nOn June 8, a male and a female attempted to kidnap a girl outside her grandmother’s home, 425 S. Walnut St., Faron said, reading from a police report.\nThe child was walking outside her home when the incident occurred.\nAccording to the report, the grandmother looked out her window and noticed a green four-door SUV outside her home. The driver made eye contact with the grandmother, said something unclear to the female suspect and drove off toward Washington Street.\nThe female suspect was described as white, 5 feet 4 inches tall, in her 30s, a thin build and was wearing a yellow T-shirt at the time. The male suspect was described as white, wearing sunglasses – possibly prescription. The suspects' vehicle had a yellow Labrador retriever in the car.\nAnyone who has information on the suspects should call the Bloomington Police Department.

Monroe Bank robbed Thursday\nThe Monroe Bank in Highland Village, 4191 W. Third St., was robbed at around noon on Thursday.\nA man entered the bank and immediately walked toward the teller on the left side of the counter. The man pepper-sprayed a patron and the teller, BPD Sgt. Jeff Canada said Friday.\nThe suspect got behind the counter and made the teller empty her drawer. The suspect then fled the bank, possibly on a bicycle, and traveled in an alley behind the bank toward Curry Pike. \nThe amount of money that was stolen was not known by police at the time of the report. \nThe suspect was described as a black male about 6 feet tall, wearing baggy pants, a red long-sleeved pullover and a blue and white baseball cap. \nBPD is reviewing the bank videos for further information. \nAnyone who has information on the suspect should call the Bloomington Police Department at (812) 339-4477.\nNo new information has been uncovered, BPD Sgt. Faron Lake said Sunday afternoon.