Accused teen murderer to have hearing Friday

The 15-year-old Bloomington teenager who was charged with murder Saturday after she stabbed her mother’s boyfriend in the chest will have a hearing this Friday to determine if she will be waived from juvenile court to adult court.\nOn Saturday, officers arrived at 701 E. Miller Dr., where they found a white male lying face down and an adult female with her twin 15-year-old daughters.\nMichael E. Lewis, 38, was transported to Bloomington Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead due to injury from a stabbing.\nLewis and the twin girls’ mother had arrived home and the girls had been watching television. Lewis wanted to watch the news when words were exchanged between them. Lewis allegedly kicked the family dog and left the residence, according to a BPD press release.\nThe suspect followed him out of the house and pushed him. The male retaliated and struck her in the face. The suspect’s sister then struck the male in the head with her fist as the other female went into the house to retrieve a knife.\nThe suspect’s sister attempted to stop her from approaching Lewis with the knife when she sustained a laceration and fracture to her right forearm. It is unknown if the fracture was caused from punching Lewis or from the knife, BPD Captain Joe Qualters said.\nThe suspect got around her injured sister and stabbed Lewis in the chest. Lewis collapsed outside and the knife was recovered at the scene.\nWhen officers attempted to detain the juvenile for investigation, she resisted arrest. The suspect’s sister attempted to intervene with the arrest and struck the officer in the back of the head.\nThe suspect’s sister was charged with battery for striking the officer in the head and was transported to Knox County Detention Center.